[TriLUG] OT: your RTP commute? my office is relocating to RTP from Cary

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:45:59 EST 2007

Hi folks.  It has been announced that my office will be leaving the
Cary area, going from 18,000 sq ft to 32,000 sq ft on Triangle Drive
near the 54/55 interchange in the RTP area.  So, I will finally be
joining many of you in the heart of the Triangle for my work.  What I
do know is that westbound I-40 from Gorman to the Wade split in the
mornings is/can be a nightmare.  How early (besides before the sun
comes up) do people find you can generally beat that traffic?  Also,
same goes for eastbound I-40 when work is over.  I'm fairly sure if I
leave 54/55 area by 4pm, I should make it past the Wade split without
too much trouble, right?

You can reply to me off-list unless you think your tips/tricks on
driving to RTP might help others.

Thanks,
David

Live in southern or western Wake County?  http://www.notollson540.org
!!  Officially open for business. NO tolls on 540!