[TriLUG] OT: anyone in downtown Raleigh tall building?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Mar 6 14:45:56 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, David McDowell wrote:

> http://www.turnpike420.net/gallery2/v/Weather/LunarEclipse/2007-03-03_Raleigh/

Thanks, you could almost have a movie there.

I drove around RTP for a while and found a grassy spot in an
industrial park opposite some appartments, where I had a
good view of the moonrise spot on the horizon. This was
harder than you'd think as NC has so many trees, that views
of the horizon are hard to come by (damn all these trees).
Shortly afterwards, I was joined by a family from the
appartments, with two kids and a page from the day's
newspaper telling the kids what to look for.

With moonrise at 6:07 and sunset at 6:12 I hoped to see an
eclipse while the sun was up. But the moonrise was filled
with cloud and we didn't see the moon for another 45mins.
After that is was clear sailing till the moon exited from
behind the earth's shadow.

Joe