[TriLUG] HTML - breaking redirects gracefully

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Wed Mar 7 10:43:31 EST 2007

Take a look at the Apache AliasMatch [1] or RedirectMatch [2]
directives. An example:

AliasMatch ^/affiliates/.*   /var/www/html/affindex.html
RedirectMatch ^/affiliates/.*   /var/www/html/affindex.html

You probably want the redirect but an alias will allow you to do the
same thing without a redirect, although you might need to use a base
href in the "affindex.html" page so that images, css files and
javascript get found correctly.

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#aliasmatch
[2] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#redirectmatch