[TriLUG] Routing/router questions from a network wannabe :-)

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Mar 10 08:24:52 EST 2007

Shorewall is an excellent firewall package that allows you to
"NAT" or masquerade your home network behind a single gateway
machine.  It's fairly easy to configure (if you'd like, I can
send you my config files).

Or, if that seems to "heavy" for you, I also have a simple
home-grown shell script that will do the same thing.

In both cases, shorewall and my script are simply setting up
iptables rules.  From there, the the kernel handles all of
the packet-passing magic.

If you'd like either (or both) of these, let me know.

Alan

.