[TriLUG] Routing/router questions from a network wannabe :-)

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Mon Mar 12 08:56:47 EDT 2007

Reggie,

Thanks again for the info. It appears that Verizon does dump some
customers because of high levels of use.

I am not familiar with MacBooks. I didn't realize that it didn't include
a pcmcia/expresscard. Is there a dongle/adapter that could convert an
evdo card to usb/cat5 connection to the Macbook or is one of these
routers the only way to add an evdo card? I assume that manufacturers of
the mobile evdo routers have done their homework on the number of
macbooks and similar devices on the market to make it a viable
marketable item, especially with as many as 4 competing manufacturers
out there.

By the way, could you direct me to Cisco's product page for their evdo
router?

Again, thanks for your comments. Have a good week.

jcj