[TriLUG] Routing/router questions from a network wannabe :-)

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:18:46 EDT 2007

There are definitely USB devices out there for MacBooks and similar
machines without PCMCIA/ExpressCard slots.  Also remember desktop
machines generally don't have those type of slots as well.  USB
solutions exist for both EVDO and the competing standard that is
normally paired with GSM services, HSDPA (which is very ironic since
HSDPA is actually a CDMA technology!).

The Cisco/Linksys device can be found here:

http://powervision.sprint.com/mobilebroadband/devices/linksysrouter.html

Based on the above URL I am assuming that Sprint ToS is much more
techie friendly since they are advertising/selling the router and
advertise its multi-user capability.  I think this based on Sprint's
desire to grab as much marketshare with their EVDO/EVDO RevA service
and then transition them to the WiMax service they are turning up
eventually?

--Reggie