[TriLUG] A presentation or meeting

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Mar 13 11:16:40 EDT 2007

Marc> I was the one at your talk the other night that asked about
Marc> multiple iSCSI devices and their seemingly indeterminate
Marc> device naming on the initiator (depends on the order in
Marc> which they are discovered).

I was the one at the meeting who suggested udev as a solution to the
indeterminate naming problem.  By sheer coincidence, I happened to be
looking into this very issue at $WORK the day of the meeting.  During my
search, I found a very nice resource that describes udev rules, the
syntax, and some nice utilities.

http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

In particular, there's "udevinfo", which shows a lot of attributes that
you might want to incorporate into a udev rule.

example:  udevinfo -a -p /sys/block/sda

I'm glad that udev seems to have worked for you.  Thanks for posting
your results.  Maybe this web site will give you some more options to
use when writing udev rules.

Alan

.