[TriLUG] CPU Considerations/Recommendations

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Tue Mar 13 15:09:03 EDT 2007

God if AMD collapses processor prices will go way up.  However, at the
moment Intel's got the
advantage in the multicore.  However unless something has changed
recently, for a single core
x64 the AMD has more pipelines into the 64 bit part than the EMT64.

I have a AMD64 chip gathering dust from a laptop that met my poor
soldering skills that I'd be willing
to give away if anyone would like it.  I'll bring it to the next Trilug
meeting I'm in town for.