[TriLUG] CPU Considerations/Recommendations

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Tue Mar 13 17:38:46 EDT 2007

I just configured a dual proc Xeon quad core server (Dell 2950)@work. It
seriously rocks the house running CentOS4 64. I'm not anti Intel at all. I
just can't justify paying the premium for the name for my personal stuff.

That being said I also just finished configuring a couple of Dell SC1435's
with Dual-Core 64-bit AMD Opteron procs and other than the screaming fans
in the case was pretty impressed with the performance.

Dave