[TriLUG] CPU Considerations/Recommendations

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Tue Mar 13 23:20:55 EDT 2007

My view of the 64-bit thing is that running 32-bit linux on a 64-bit
processor will get you *most* of the benefits of the processor, and avoid
locking you in for the future.  The only real reason I can think of to go
for the full 64 bits is for the per-process memory, which is a real issue
if that's a wall you bump up against.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl