[TriLUG] limiting Internet access with squid?

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Mon Mar 19 19:00:26 EDT 2007

If you can put a linux box inline to their internet connection you can do
the following.

- www.clarkconnect.org
    This can be a transparent proxy if it's inline.

There's a lot of other things that it could do as well, mail, ftp, web,
etc.

This is not a good solution for all, it seems that you may be dealing with
only one computer, if that's the case then the other solution with a WRT54G
seems to me to be better for this, but check out as many options and what
the real computing needs of the business are before thinking that you know.
Frequently there are many other needs that could be met, just aren't said on
the front end.

Kevin