[TriLUG] Issues with my dual boot..

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Tue Mar 20 13:17:06 EDT 2007

That is why I removed my HD when I had to have my dvd/CD-RW drive
replaced. Compaq told me they would replace the CD drive, wipe the HD
and reload XP. I asked why they needed to do that and they said "thats
just the way it works." If it had not been under warranty I would have
hung up on em. They said I could restore from my backups until I pointed
out that without a working CDR it was kinda hard to make backups of the
stuff I had worked on between the last backups and the time I noticed
the failure of the burner.

Gotta love the customer no-service

Dave