[TriLUG] unlocking a sonicwall firewall?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Mar 21 11:36:43 EDT 2007

SonicWall TZ170 is easy.  I had a new customer move their biz from FL to NC
last October.  They had a TZ170.  It locked up.  I did a factory default and
had it programmed for operation including updated firmware in an hour.

They've really done a good job making them easy to use.

I can't remember the exact sequence for factory reset yet think you have to
push in a button with a paper clip while powering on or something like that.
I can email the *.bin (current firmware) if you like.

Their tech support is pretty good yet takes forever to reach.  Here's their
support site specifically for the TZ170:

http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/3134.html

Good luck.  Holler if you need a hand.  Will work for beer.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks