[TriLUG] Reverse Samba?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Mar 21 19:19:17 EDT 2007

Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> Another approach would be to get Services for Unix, a FREE, as in beer not
> speech, set of gnu like utilities for the Windows world.  NFS client,
> server, and much more.

If you want both free beer and free speech, try using Cygwin instead of
Services for Unix.  I haven't personally used cygwin as an NFS server,
but the NFS client works fine, and I know the NFS server is available.
It would be worth a try - yes, there is an OSS world on Windows, even if
it's smaller.

I have to run Windows at $WORK due to some stupid call-management
software I have to run, but cygwin makes my life much happier.  It also
makes it easy to connect to Linux servers via X windows (though I
typically use putty for SSH connections instead of the native ssh, since
putty's console is better than the standard Windows console that cygwin
uses.)

--Jeremy