[TriLUG] ubuntu 6.06.1 install fails

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Sat Mar 24 18:39:00 EDT 2007

All,

I have installed ubuntu 6.06.1 on two pc's, one as dual boot with
xp-home and one as a standalone with no other o/s on the system. From
this I am reasonably sure that my install cd is okay, but I am
attempting to install to a third pc that is running win-xp/home. It has
a sata drive.

The install shows no problems at the beginning, does the partitioning
thing and then starts the install.

Around the fifty percent mark, it stalls. I have left it in stall
condition for over three hours with no change, no stop or error
messages. I have attempted this install with similar results each time (
1. stall at 44 percent, 2. stall at 44 percent 3. stall at 52 percent ).

Any thoughts on things to look for, where to get install log when system
has stalled, etc would be helpful

Thanks in Advance.

I would give more details on the system, but the system is at church and
I am at home. I will have more details later, if I can figure out how to
recover install info. I will most like use either knoppix or ebcd to get
system info tomorrow. Any advance help will be useful.

Thanks again.

jcj

--
Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/