[TriLUG] ubuntu 6.06.1 install fails

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 02:12:06 EDT 2007

I forget which terminal the error logging is done at but if you hit
Ctrl-Alt F1 through F8 you should, on a couple of them, get some more
detailed information about the install. On one it should show the
packages being installed and their current progress. On another, I
believe it will show any errors that it encounters during the install.
 Reproducing those messages here (at least the last 3-4 lines of each
screen ) should help diagnose it.

You might also try going into the advanced settings and choose text
install & other options. The only problems I've had (recently) with
installs has been due to graphic card issues.

Hope that helps,

- Craig Taylor