[TriLUG] ubuntu 6.06.1 install fails

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Sun Mar 25 06:59:29 EDT 2007

Craig,

Thanks for the info.

It may be graphic related since this pc has both a motherboard video
card and an agp video card as well. I think the motheboard video card is
disabled, but I will double check that.

This install is a major issue for me since I am attempting to show
others the differences between winxp and Linux with this install. The
first time I tried the install ( before these issues came up ) was with
an "edgy eft" dvd from a magazine. I had issues  with the partitioning
with that dvd, so I reverted back to a known working cd. Partitioning
problem turned out to be a problem with ntfs and an apparent corrupted
file. After using chkdsk and ntfsfix, that  problem was resolved and I
continued with ubuntu 6.06.1 for the install.

Again thanks for the clues.

jcj