joomla (was Re: [TriLUG] apologies to bill gates :-))

Robert Dale robdale at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 09:39:39 EDT 2007

On 3/25/07, Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net> wrote:
> I hate it when that happens.
>
> How do you customize it to remove Joomla logos?  Me thinks they've got the
> ability to create a site template.  I haven't tried...yet.

I'm starting out with joomla myself.  It seems there are basically two
ways to configure a template.

1. If the template is already installed, you can upload your images to
the media manager and edit the template's CSS to point to those
images.  You may also need to edit the HTML if there happen to be
harcoded img links in there (as there is atleast one in the default
joomla theme -  rhuk_solarflare_ii).

2. If you have the template locally, you can of course edit the CSS,
HTML, and add your images right there.  Then tar.gz it and upload your
site as one package.

Personally, I like option #2 since you can use your favorite editor to
change code, switchover your site all at once, and version control
your template changes.

I don't know if you can download installed templates, but you can
download the default joomla template from
http://www.themesbase.com/?view=114

--
Robert Dale