[TriLUG] OT: anyone use Cingular in the triangle area?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:17:18 EDT 2007

On 3/28/07, William Sutton <william at trilug.org> wrote:
> Anecdotal discussions on #trilug in the past have suggested that Cingular
> is pretty bad in the RTP.  I've used both Sprint and Verizon in the RTP
> and had better success with Verizon.

Not sure what you heard, but I do have cingular and have no problem at
all in RTP.  I live very very close to RTP and used to have Sprint.  We
switched *to* Cingular because Sprint wouldn't work at our house.
We've had very few problems with coverage (one or two spots, but
easily avoided) and much better than Sprint.

BTW, to the people who keep mentioning Verizon is better, the
original question was about the iPhone.  No one but Cingular
has the iPhone so mentioning how good other carriers are
don't help at all.

Cheers,
Tanner

--