[TriLUG] Re: OT: anyone use Cingular in the triangle area?

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Wed Mar 28 12:18:30 EDT 2007

Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> I'm on Cingular... live in Chapel Hill, worked in Raleigh until about
> 3 weeks ago, work in Cary now, drive all over the Triangle on a
> regular basis... and Cingular's coverage has been perfectly
> acceptable to me.  There's one spot on 40 between Raleigh and Chapel
> Hill where my signal always gets pretty scratchy if I'm talking when
> I drive through there, but usually not enough to drop the call.  I
> can't compare to a lot of the other carriers since I haven't used the
> others, but I can say that I'm not dissatisfied with Cingular's
> coverage.

Seconded.  Live in Hillsborough, used to work near 54/55, now work at
Duke.  There is one place on Old-86 between Hillsborough and Chapel Hill
where I drop signal, and a weak spot on I-40, but that's it.  Signal at
home and at work is good, even in the giant piles-o-stone that Duke
calls buildings.

--[Lance]
--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/