[TriLUG] Memory Monitor on a Redhat system

Tom Le t.thanhcle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:04:15 EDT 2007

We are having problems with memory usage on a Redhat AS 4 - on a
64-bit Power PC IBM pSeries. We was wondering if there is a reliable
package to monitor memory usage on the server. Our current problem is
that the system memory is 95% capacity and we have no idea what is
taking up all the memory. We are certain that oracle is using 1G out
of 16G of the box, and one instance of jboss is set to use max 1G of
memory. We are trying to add a second instance of jboss and it won't
start due to insufficient memory. We need a package or a way to drill
down to what application using how much memory on the server
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Tom