[TriLUG] Firewire Cards on Linux

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Mar 30 08:29:36 EDT 2007

David McDowell wrote:
> I've used an Adaptec 3 port full height PCI

Same here.  I bought whatever basic Adaptec firewire card Best Buy was
carrying about a year ago.  Debian testing auto-detected it, and the
card works fine.

>> Also, while I'm getting this mainly so I can pull video off of my
>> camcorder,

Of course, I ran into trouble with dropped packets when I first tried
doing that.  I ended up having to rearrange my disks to ensure good
throughput from the camcorder.  See the list archives for more details
if you run into similar problems.

---Tom