[TriLUG] jobs posting to trilug

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:26:38 EDT 2007

On 3/30/07, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:
> Wikis do not seem that well-suited for things that change often,
> "status" information.  Two very good recent examples are the job
> postings and the lunch plans.  Mailing lists (or forums with
> subscriptions) do a better job of PUSHING this type of info out.

Actually, the wiki works *very* well for lunch plans since people
can just add their name to a list if they're going to come and
then you don't have to go searching through 20-something odd
e-mails (and believe me, the e-mails on this list can be really odd. :-)
just to find the information you looking for.  Sure you use the
mailing list to push out information about lunch, but then you
use the wiki to organize it.

As far as RSS is concerned, the wiki can pull from an RSS feed.
Take a look at the box labeled "Planet TriLUG" on the front
page.  It pulls from the aggregated Planet TriLUG feed.  The
community portal also pulls from the daily feed of Linux Weekly
News - http://www.trilug.org/wiki/TriWiki:Community_Portal

But, Paul was wondering where he could post his job announcements.
Since he was concerned about posting to the list, and someone
else had suggested a new web page, I just pointed out that
it could easily be done with what was already in place.  There
is no need to create more work for people.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace