[TriLUG] Re: Lamp not lit?

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Fri Mar 30 18:13:56 EDT 2007

Mike, Lance and all other php/mysql users.

After reading and reading in php documentation, I find:

MySQL Functions
Introduction
These functions allow you to access MySQL database servers. More
information about MySQL can be found at » http://www.mysql.com/.
Documentation for MySQL can be found at » http://dev.mysql.com/doc/.
Requirements
In order to have these functions available, you must compile PHP with
MySQL support.

PHP 5+
MySQL is not enabled by default, nor is the MySQL library bundled with
PHP. Read this FAQ for details on why. Use the --with-mysql[=DIR]
configure option to include MySQL support. You can download headers and
libraries from » MySQL.

The way that I read it, I have to compile php using --with-mysql[=DIR]
.  This will be a first for me. Up to now, I have used rpm, deb, and
other binaries. I have never had to compile anything other than hello.c
or something that small.

Wish me good luck :-) Any hints for compiling on Fedora Core 5 would be
appreciated.

jcj

--
Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/