[TriLUG] About to take the Ubuntu plunge.....

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Wed Apr 4 10:20:39 EDT 2007

dsandif wrote:
> After fighting with RedHat, messing with Fedora and glaring at Centos,
> Suse and the like, I've decided to go after the other popular tropical
> species of linux: Ubuntu. The question I have is which one?
> Ubuntu? or Kubuntu? I will be using this on a desktop and on a laptop,
> of which I'll need to get a wireless PCMCIA card  (Cisco Aironet 350
> &Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g wireless adapter) and I'll need
> some high end programing tools, editors and the like. KDE will be the
> session of preference but I want to make sure that I get all the
> bells, jack hammers and whistles too, suggestions?, thxs!
>
> D-
why not download/burn the live CD and give it a boot.  See if you like
it and that it works.  the aironet should work so long as it is
pcmcia...the minipci were always a pain and I had to use internal Cisco
versions of the driver to get it to work.

--
>From Windows/Exchange to Linux/Meldware
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org