[TriLUG] About to take the Ubuntu plunge.....

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Wed Apr 4 10:21:09 EDT 2007

dsandif wrote:
> After fighting with RedHat, messing with Fedora and glaring at Centos,
> Suse and the like, I've decided to go after the other popular tropical
> species of linux: Ubuntu. The question I have is which one?
> Ubuntu? or Kubuntu?

Toss a coin.  Seriously.

If you don't like the desktop environment of Ubuntu, "sudo apt-get
install kubuntu-desktop" and then log into a KDE session.  Don't like
that?  "apt-get install xubuntu-desktop" ...

--
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory." - Bruce Lee's observations of
people at TriLUG meetings who won't shut up and let the guest speaker talk