[TriLUG] About to take the Ubuntu plunge.....

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:05:40 EDT 2007

Right - it really depends on which desktop manager you like most.

Of the full-weight ones, I prefer KDE. And of the lightweight managers, I
like FVWM.

WMM

On 4/4/07, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:

> dsandif wrote:
> > After fighting with RedHat, messing with Fedora and glaring at Centos,
> > Suse and the like, I've decided to go after the other popular tropical
> > species of linux: Ubuntu. The question I have is which one?
> > Ubuntu? or Kubuntu?
>
> Toss a coin.  Seriously.
>
> If you don't like the desktop environment of Ubuntu, "sudo apt-get
> install kubuntu-desktop" and then log into a KDE session.  Don't like
> that?  "apt-get install xubuntu-desktop" ...
>
> --
> "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory." - Bruce Lee's observations of
> people at TriLUG meetings who won't shut up and let the guest speaker talk

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2