[TriLUG] Ubuntu Keyboard Map

Brian Bell bbellwfu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:31:44 EDT 2007

So - I screwed up installing Ubuntu Server 6.10 and chose the
US-International (does that sound right?) layout for my keyboard.  Well,
it's causing some problems and I would really like to change it to the
US-English key map.  But I can't seem to get it to switch.

I tried running:  loadkeys us   but it apparently can't find any other
keymaps.  Is there a way to load the keymaps from the installation disk? or
apt-get them from somewhere?
FYI, there are no files in the /usr/share/keymaps folder.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Brian