[TriLUG] Job: PHP Developer

Paul Jones pjones at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Apr 4 15:40:03 EDT 2007

Blame: Paul Jones <pjones at metalab.unc.edu>
Contact: Shannon Turlington <sturlington at intrahealth.org>

+It's that time again when we are seeking a LAMP developer and I was
+hoping you might be able to recommend someone. We are looking for
+someone who can jump in on several projects. Right now, the job is
+through the end of June full-time but we will probably make it a
+permanent position then.
+
+Below is the entire job description. Please feel free to pass it on to
+anyone you know and ask them to send their resume to me. Thanks in
+advance! Shannon
+
+The Web Developer will design and program a variety of websites and web
+applications with database back ends. Specifically, the Web Developer
+must be proficient in PHP, MySQL, HTML, and CSS. Strong familiarity with
+a LAMP environment is desired, as well as experience with XML.
+Familiarity with content management systems such as Drupal, Mambo and
+Joomla as well as graphics packages such as Photoshop is a plus. This is
+a temporary (three-month) full-time position with possibility of
+renewal.
+
+
+
+The Web Developer will be working on projects for strengthening
+information systems and providing a framework and online resources for
+decision makers in ministries of health in the developing world. Duties
+include working in a collaborative, team environment to determine
+specifications for applications; coding and designing user interfaces
+with CSS and HTML; programming functionality with PHP; designing
+databases with MySQL; documenting applications in accordance with
+organizational standards; ensuring compatibility with other systems and
+existing IT infrastructure; and providing user support with these
+products.
+
+
+
+Preferred Qualifications:
+
+-         Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or
+a related field; advanced coursework in programming or database
+development is preferred.
+
+-         One or more years of demonstrated ability in programming using
+PHP/MySQL.
+
+-         Experience with use cases.
+
+-         Highly motivated with the ability to adapt to different
+technical environments and tools.
+
+-         Enthusiasm for highly collaborative work including serving on
+teams of people from diverse backgrounds and areas of specialization.
+
+-         Independent worker who is able to meet deadlines, set and
+re-order priorities, and manage multiple tasks.
+
+
+Shannon Turlington
+Senior Systems Development Manager