[TriLUG] Samba vs Window share issue

Glenn Hennessee Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 5 16:45:14 EDT 2007

It sounds as though they hard coded into the program the location of
their temp directory instead of asking windows where $TEMP (or %TEMP% as
MS calls it) is. There is GetTempPath windows API call to ask the
location of temp. It appears they didn't use it. This url,
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_shelloverview.mspx?mfr=true
has a list of all the environment variables that windows has as default.
  set variablename (eg. set temp) will give you the value of temp. There
is also a tmp variable which usually, and maybe always, points to the
same place.

glenn

--
Glenn Hennessee