[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab - Do it. Don't just talk about it.

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sat Apr 7 12:19:17 EDT 2007

I was counting on the folks interested in coming to the party define the
focus since I don't have one.

Our group actually started out several years ago as a TriLUG Red Hot
Certified Engineer study group hosted at my house that was a pure hands-on
gathering that drank beer and ate chocolate.

Matt Frye was kinda the ring leader back in the day (at least I'll blame it
on him).  We're more interested in doing things than in hearing people speak
about things.

Lots of our members work with Winders on our day jobs yet love to learn and
to implement open source solutions because we can.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Connecting You to the World since 1997

Behalf Of Robert
> Dale
> Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 10:05 AM
> To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
> Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab - Do it. Don't just talk
aboutit.

> On 4/7/07, Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net> wrote:
>
> > Here's our new web site:
> > http://www.triangleopensource.org
>
> > I wouldn't mind picking up where we left off with good ole basic load up
a box with
> Ubuntu and move into Samba to replace Winders Active Directory et al.  I
have a notebook
> PC I can donate to use as a unit under test so we won't have to cart
around a monster big
> iron server.  I haven't ask permission from my boss (wife) yet might be
able to host if we
> limit the crowd to half a dozen folks.  Otherwise, we can ask Tim if
Exploris is still an