[TriLUG] April 12 meeting

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Sat Apr 7 22:11:10 EDT 2007

So on the other thread...  "Triangle Open Source Lab - Do it.  Don't
just talk" I got the impression that some folks would like to see a more
interactive style presentation.  Is this so?

Question:

1. Is there wireless or at least wired?
2. Is it relatively fast (meaning will I go insane downloading more than
a meg)?

I can burn some CDs but dependencies will be a pain if the answer to
either is "no".

I could also bring a wireless router and not pub the ssid.  If folks are
interested we can make it part blab, part give it a whirl.  Might be fun
if someone can set up a DNS with MX records and the such and share it
out and we can all join onto that and send "interesting proposals" to
each other if there is time.  Then set up server side filters via the
GUI that filter various friends and foes into folders (or trash).

Thanks,

-Andy

--
>From Windows/Exchange to Linux/Meldware
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org