[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab - Do it. Don't just talk aboutit.

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 00:39:05 EDT 2007

I'm not entirely sure what starting a new group with potentially similar
goals, but a different (or even similar) approach would have to do with
going against TriLUG.

Personally, with my current work schedule (1100-2000 M-F), even though I
work just 12 minutes from RedHat, I can't come to any meetings.

Alternative scheduling, and/or special interest activities would be great.

I've enjoyed all the meetings I've been to with TriLUG, but am also involved
to some degree with several other organizations. I imagine some of them
overlap in membership and focus, but that's fine.

Just because a new group is starting doesn't take away anything from any
current groups/organizations: if anything, it shows that some of the members
have interests beyond just what TriLUG does, and/or that there are other
people who might not be interested in TriLUG per se, but still have somewhat
overlapping interests, and such a differentiated group can give them a home.

I am pretty sure that a bunch of TriLUGgers are also on TriPUG, NCSA, and
TriZPUG mailing lists. It doesn't make any of them competing, merely showing
a different focus.

Warren

--
http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on