[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab - Do it. Don't just talk about it.

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Apr 8 06:55:33 EDT 2007

The intent for http://www.TriangleOpenSource.org is not to go against TriLUG
but rather to complement TriLUG and the other groups you mentioned.  We do
have alternative scheduling in mind and had previously chosen 4th Thursday
evenings for our meetings since many of our members also participate in
TriLUG.

Having those interests beyond what TriLUG addresses is key to our group.
The unique differentiator for Triangle Open Source is that no one is in
charge, we don't physically exist, there are no speakers and we want to do
open source software instead of talk about it.

There's a lot more to open source software than Linux.  Linux is merely the
operating system on which the applications ride.

Another key to our success is that, despite beginning with something like
Red Hat v4.2 a decade ago, I still consider myself a beginner and perhaps
will always feel that way.  My point is that others fall into that same
category.  We go slow and take notes along the way instead of assuming folks
know whatever encryptical command line method to initiate an instance of a
super flaming turbo whapper.

So, if you're interested, go to the web site and post your comments on a
proposed time, place, topic, etc.  Sign up for the mailing list.  It won't
hurt.  I promise.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President