[TriLUG] Emacs... Pretty?

tomed at bellsouth.net tomed at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 10 10:19:12 EDT 2007

You can put something like:

Emacs.font: -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--20-140-100-100-m-110-iso10646-1

in you .Xresources file. This sets up the default font, that all other
emacs "faces" are based on.

You can also quickly pull up an interactive font menu with shift-left click.

If you haven't already, take a look at nxml mode. It does quick validation
on the fly, as you type. It's rnc schema based for validation, and has
built in default schema for docbook and xhtml. Other schema can be easily
added.

Tom Ed