[TriLUG] Xen and FC5

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Sat Apr 14 19:05:17 EDT 2007

All,

The actual hang line is " making device-mapper control mode "

More details.
Initially, I was getting a kernel panic message, I added in a line at boot
swiotlb=force
With this in the grub, it would get to "making device-mapper control
mode", pause for short period then show call trace lines and some of
data. It would then lockup.

Now I have added
 iommu=force
prior to the swiotlb line in grub

No progress past "making device - mapper control mode" line, no extra
call trace lines, etc -- just a blinking cursor.
repeating the boot after doing crtl-alt-del gives me the same thing, but
with call trace lines, etc

After a couple more boots, process goes to same point, waits about 30
seconds, then reboots??

jcj

--
Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/