[TriLUG] OT: WRT54G loosing wired connections

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Sun Apr 15 23:19:10 EDT 2007

The firmware version is 1.01.0.  It is unmodified by me.

Twice in the past 2-3 weeks, computers on the wired connections have
become severely network "disadvantaged".  They don't seem to looks the
connection entirely...but are horrendously slow.  Like 300 baud slow.

Both times, the wireless operation was fine.  Two different computers
using different cables to different ports were affected.
In both instances, rebooting the unit brought instantaneous relief.

Anyone seen this?  My google-fu is bringing me no joy  :(

TIA,

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services