[TriLUG] Advice on cheap hosting

John Wheeler jwheeler at etherealfringe.com
Mon Apr 16 12:46:12 EDT 2007

Dreamhost is very cheap for the options you get.
They are out of CA. The biggest concern is their uptime  record.

Over the past year there have been a couple of severe outages that
have taken too long to resolve. They are, however, doing better. If
you don't need to promise 99% uptime and can handle $7 or $8 a month
then you can get a very decent shared hosting solution.

Including shell access, multiple shell/ftp users, quick DB setup, PHP/
Perl/Ruby, automatic installs of popular OSS solutions.
They run Debian.

-John