[TriLUG] Suggestions for mail hosting.

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Wed Apr 18 15:11:26 EDT 2007

Their sales guys wont tell you about the blocking nor will level 1 chair
warmers. They block incoming and outgoing 25. Port 80 was open, but be
careful not to pull too much traffic.

I had an account before they started blocking and had open 25 until I
upgraded my speed. They lied to me and said that I would still be able
to use incoming port 25 as my original TOS allowed it as long as I was
secure and not an open relay. I "upgraded" and spent 4 days on the phone
until they finally admitted that they were blocking and there was noting
I could do except upgrade to business class. When I tried to do that
they would not do it because my line was my residence... they would not
take my money. I'm with Time Warner now.

The sad thing is I found a service that would forward my incoming mail
to port 26 and everything worked fine for the 3 months I stayed with
them til I moved and switched. Their efforts were circumvented in less
than a half an hour.

BS from BS I guess.

Dave