[TriLUG] Suggestions for mail hosting.

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Apr 18 15:28:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:09:46PM -0400, Brian Daniels wrote:
> Anyone with experience in third-party email hosting?  Places like pobox.com and
> similar?

And if Jason's offer isn't to your liking, I have a couple to offer.

As far as port forwarding, I used No-IP.com for several years while I
was behind the Earthlink/BS brick wall.  I was able to change the
incoming port 25 to any value that I liked.

For actual hosting, I have used 1and1.com for several years.  They offer
both mail forwarding ( the traditional kind, just into 25 as far as I
know ) and actual mail boxes, accessable via either POP3 or IMAP, or
through a web interface.

Of course, their offerings are much more than just mail boxes, but the
rates are very reasonable.

Brian ( another one! )