[TriLUG] Distribution Survey

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 16:39:53 EDT 2007

Jason Faulkner wrote:
> Ubuntu for the desktop, Ubuntu on my personal server
>
> For work,
> Ubuntu on the Desktop, Debian for the servers :)

Two servers running CentOS, my firewall box is running RH9 (yeah, yeah,
I know)
and my laptop dual-boots between W2K and FC6.  As soon as I can get
wifi working with FC6, Winblows goes away.

And I have dabbled with Mandrake, SuSE, TurboLinux and others in the past.

I've never used Debian or Ubuntu, and I'm not really in any hurry too.
I know
RH based distros and don't feel like dealing with the learning curve
(however slight
it might be) for a different distro.  At least not without a compelling
reason to do
so.

TTYL,

Phil