[TriLUG] Distribution Survey

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu Apr 19 21:28:29 EDT 2007

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> So, what distros do people use?

Well I'm on my wife's computer at the moment so it is Wind0ze... arrr
arrr arrr but my own workstation at home (temporarily shut off) runs
ubuntu feisty.  My primary workstation at the office is Ubuntu Edgy but
I'm going to upgrade it next week to Feisty.

I run a lot of RHEL on servers at work, primarily because of the great
IBM pSeries hardware support.  Ubuntu claims to run on pSeries but they
were lying, at least with edgy anyway.

My Sun boxes that I tinker with at home are a mixed bag... some Aurora,
some Ubuntu (edgy), some OpenBSD.  Ubuntu is more enjoyable on those old
machines than aurora but the installer has some quirks to work around on
sun.

--
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory." - Bruce Lee's observations of
people at TriLUG meetings who won't shut up and let the guest speaker talk