[TriLUG] Distribution Survey

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Apr 20 13:31:27 EDT 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007 12:50, Kathleen wrote:
> OK, I guess I am the lone user of SUSE 10.1 and I am shocked at the
> preponderance of Ubuntu.  I used UNIX at work years ago and chose Linux as
> my OS for the new computer I just bought.  I HATE using Windoze.  SUSE came
> with a book included on how-to.  That's why I chose SUSE 10.1, to give me a
> little help getting started.  Did I foul up?

Every year I evaluate other distros in an effort to replace Mandriva. Every
year Mandriva beats the others and I continue using it. The last time I did a
distro-shootout, Suse 10.x came out #2, and I felt I could have run my
business on it. In the end, I picked Mandriva over SuSE because they were
close, and I already knew Mandriva.

By the way, all of this was before SuSE made a deal with the devil.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware
http://www.troubleshooters.com/