[TriLUG] Network drives died after upgrade to Feisty Fawn

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 15:26:40 EDT 2007

On 4/22/07, Michael Ham <michael at bakedhamgames.net> wrote:
> Hey guys,  I just upgraded to Ubuntu 7.04 and now my network drives are
> not working correctly.

Can we get a little more detail? Are these Windows (Samba) shares?
NFS? What's serving them?

> Also, I have an icon in the upper-right that
> says "manual network configuration."  I guess that just means that I am
> not using DHCP?

That's the NetworkManager applet. See:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/NetworkManager

as a starting point. Is this a machine that moves at all? If not, you
don't really need to worry about it at all. If so, go ahead and save
some "location" configs through the networkmanager interface.

--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
http://claimid.com/cristobalpalmer