[TriLUG] Broadwick is hiring: Help Desk Support Specialist
jason at oldos.org
Thu Apr 26 23:03:42 EDT 2007
Broadwick Corp is hiring again! If you want to work at an awesome
place, chock full of fun and good people, keep reading :).
Help Desk Support Specialist
Why you want this job:
* Challenging and fun job with lots of responsibility.
* Rapidly growing company with 50+ employees.
* An open invitation (even an expectation) to suggest and campaign
for things you believe in.
* Collaborate with very talented people in other departments,
including support, marketing, systems, and our executives.
* Participate in regular company-wide brainstorming and discussion
sessions about our vision and direction.
* Excellent potential for promotions within the company.
What we need you to do:
* Provide a first point of contact for the office on PC-related issues
* Respond to requests via phone, email, and ticket requests
* Assist with the provisioning of VoIP phones within the office
* Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
* Provide assistance on Infrastructure Team projects
* Setup and deploy workstations for new employees
* Ensure that hardware and software inventory is up to date
What you need:
* Excellent prioritization, analytical, and written and oral
* General knowledge and experience in:
* IT support
* Network printing
* Windows XP Professional on the desktop and laptop
* Linux desktops (not required, however, big plus)
* 1-3 years experience
* Desire to grow and learn more about IT systems
Successful candidates will be familiar with many of these:
* Windows XP
* Networking protocols - TCP/IP, DHCP
* Networking hardware – patching a cube, working with switches
* Network Printing
* Help desk ticketing
* Microsoft Office
* Linux (not required, however, big plus)
Money & Miscellany:
* Health Benefits
* Flexible spending account (Section 125)
* 401(k) with matching
* Free drinks, bagels, and monthly lunches
How to apply:
* Send an email to jobs at broadwick.com
More information about the TriLUG