[TriLUG] PPTP VPN issues -- wha??

MG mgmonza at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:58:06 EDT 2007

Might be totally irrelevant, and I'm no router guru (or Linux guru, for
that matter) but I've had a successfully resolved VPN/router issue
recently.

My problem was that the older version (BEFCMUH4) of the linksys router I
had had too high an MTU rate for Cisco VPN - it needed to be 1300 for
VPN not to fragment the packets and the default MTU was 1500.  It
couldn't be reset on the old router Roadrunner had given me so I
exchanged it for a Motorola surfboard modem for single use, and then a
Netgear router, both of which seem to have cured the VPN fragmenting
problem.

FWIW -

MG