[TriLUG] HP Laserjet 4550 for sale

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:50:17 EDT 2007

I'd love to take you up on it, but I'm cashless till the middle of the
month. Guess I'll just stick with my LJ4

WMM

On 4/30/07, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, my mom calls me last week and asks if I want a LaserJet printer.  I
> say,
> no thanks, I already have a 1300 and it works just fine for the printing I
> do at the house.  Then she mentions that it is a color laserjet and I say,
> what the heck.  She and my father are going on a cross-country drive in a
> week or two so they'll just load it up in the back of their Toyota and
> bring
> it out.  Great!
>
> The day comes and they arrive at the house.  We get them settled in and
> dad
> says 'well, let's unload the printers'.  Printers?  Yup, turns out they
> someone ended up with two of these things so they brought them both.  We
> open the back of the Sequoia and two of the biggest damn printers I've
> ever
> seen in my life are sitting there like printing Gods.
>
> One of the printers I'm keeping.  The other, as well as the expansion tray
> that goes under the printer (which could be a duplexer, I'm not sure), is
> up
> for sale.  Looking on ebay these things seem to go for over $300.00 so
> I'll
> let it go on the TriLUG list for $100.00.
>
> Any takers?  This thing is huge.  And heavy.  And did I mention it is
> huge?
>
> I can put it in the back of the surburban and get it to downtown durham,
> or
> you can pick it up in youngsville.  I don't think it would fit in a
> regular
> car.
>
> Greg

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2