[TriLUG] Feisty was a b*tch of an upgrade

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Wed May 2 13:16:24 EDT 2007

I had fglrx.  I did attempt to upgrade with the proprietary drivers
installed but did re-enable the one that came with the kernel first.
Installing from scratch, I allowed it to do I assume the free drivers by
default.  This failed.  I then had to manually do the X/driver install +
copy an old Xorg.conf.

-andy