[TriLUG] MythTV and exchanging data

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:57:39 EDT 2007

Hi Bryan,
   Sorry for the late response. I have mythfrontend installed on my
laptop. I use it as a client at home all the time and it works just
fine via wireless. I have tried to use it via the internet when not at
home. It doesn't work. It's basically a bandwidth issue. I am using
Hauppage PVR-500/250 capture cards in the myth server. The captures
come out to be about 2.2GB an hour. I can not upload that fast through
my RR connection. If you were doing HD, the captures would be much
much larger.

  If the two houses you were wanting to share between were within line
of sight of each other, you could set up a wireless link between them.

Ken