[TriLUG] New system configuration thoughts

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Thu May 3 05:30:22 EDT 2007

I RAID6 the same as RAID5 plus a hot spare?  What is your favorite flavor of
RAID card and hard disk?

I'm partial to those serial attached SCSI drives with the 15,000 rpm speed.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Connecting You to the World since 1997

Behalf Of Kevin
> Jones
> Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:54 PM
> To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
> Subject: Re: [TriLUG] New system configuration thoughts
>
> I'll attest to that as it happened to me. Since that event I have never
trusted RAID 5 again
> and have opted for RAID 6 whenever possible. Of course, if you can't do
RAID 6 always,